"ATG has always been unique in its content. It's very straightforward reporting of the market, with a calendar of events coming up. It is the definitive dealer's paper."
Antiquestradegazette.com is the website of Antiques Trade Gazette. It provides a rolling news service backed by information tailored to individual collectors with links to online auction services at the-saleroom.com.
The site provides analysis of the market with articles from Antiques Trade Gazette. It gives a constantly refreshed source of news on objects recently sold or coming up for sale and events affecting the art and antiques business. Visitors can also search our archive for background information.
This is a rich source of information on the most popular art and antiques collecting areas:
- Detailed information on key collecting categories including a review of each market, pointers to value and illustrations of typical and exceptional pieces.
- Relevant articles on each topic automatically selected from the archives of Antiques Trade Gazette.
- The latest on what’s on the market right now with Chances to Buy - showing all the relevant lots coming up at auction on the-saleroom.com.
- The latest prices achieved at auction with previously sold items drawn from the two million lots stored in the Price Guide on the-saleroom.com
Upcoming auctions in the UK and around the world by date, region or key word.
Includes directories of auctioneers, dealers, antique centres, restorers, shippers and insurers.
A compendium of useful facts and advice for art and antiques buyers.
A subscription to the printed newspaper is the only way to access all ATG's regular editorial content, including:
- News - reporting with a global reach on the issues of the day, from market trends to legal issues, always with an eye for the quirky and interesting
- Dealer's Diary - the essential guide to the market from the dealers' point of view, with special emphasis on fairs and dealer exhibitions
- London Selection - a weekly snapshot of the London market from one of the world's most experienced auction commentators
- Auction Reports and Previews - market analysis from the UK provinces, showing what's on offer, what's selling, for how much and to whom, with reference to sector trends and buying patterns
- International Events - auction reports, industry surveys, fair reviews, country profiles from correspondents across the globe
- Art Market - coverage of the fine art market from Old Master sales in London, to cutting edge contemporary art in New York, or 18th century prints in the provinces